Yoga which is about self acknowledgment and self revelation is 5,000 year old legacy from India. Yoga it is said incorporates psyche, body and soul. With the efforts of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi who himself is a yoga enthusiast, the United Nations (UN) chose to commend 21st of June every year as Yoga Day.
A year ago the very first International Yoga Day was celebrated with incredible energy world over. The proposition to observe International Yoga Day had gotten support from 175 countries, including USA, Canada and China co-supported the determination. This is the most elevated number of co-patrons ever for any UNGA Resolution of such nature.
The first Yoga Day was held on Rajpath in Delhi, India where a large number of colorful mats were laid. Indian PM himself had driven thousands in the mass yoga occasion. PM had done some asanas (Yoga specific postures), curves and breathing activities with 35,000 school kids, public people and armed force men.
Proceeding from a year ago’s celebrations for Yoga the Government arrangements to sort out a giant occasion to celebrate another International Yoga Day on 21 June, 2016 in north Indian city Chandigarh. Ministry of AYUSH will direct all the activities of the event.
Here are some facts about International Yoga Day 2016 Event
1. Mega World Yoda Day event will follow a common Yoga Protocol on 21st June, 2016.
2. A 2 day International Conference will held on “Yoga for Body and Beyond”.
3. An International Yoga Event, as Curtain Raiser to International Day of Yoga amid 20-22 April, 2016 at Delhi which has as of now been sorted out.
4. Mass broadcast campaigns through radio TV, Tv broadcast and online networking.
5. Assembly of School Children for performing Yoga on 21st June, 2016.
6. Different Yoga associations to give specialized backing to States and UTs in Yoga preparing. Yoga associations to compose camps in different areas.
7. States and UTs asked for to compose mass Yoga demos at State, District, Block and Panchayat level.
8. All Ministries and Departments encouraged arranging Mass Yoga demos in their workplaces or premises.
9. Preparation of NCC, NSS, Bharat Scouts and Guides, NYKS and different associations for association of Mass Yoga demo and different occasions on the event. Mass Yoga Demo to be sorted out abroad through Indian Missions.
10. Central Council for Yoga and Naturopathy to arrange one month instructional meeting in Common Yoga Protocol in every locale through Yoga Institutions, NGOs, District Administration, and so forth finishing in organisation of Mass Yoga Demo on 21th June 2016.
For more information on World Yoga Day 2016 log onto Celebrationsblog.com